Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fruit and Spice Festival!

Nature expresses humility I'll have you know, and today I was in a world that gratified natures essentials. Today was a day unlike all others; I experienced the Fruit and Spice festival in the Redlands!Of course the Redlands is very far west and its mainly farmlands... well today was a day that it celebrated these flavors and different type of "aiding" if you will.

As I walked through a path that had a blank look with a pale walk-way made up of nothing more than rocks and dirt.. I began to realize I wore the wrong kind of footwear (sandals) Sigh* As i brushed that off.. I lost myself in the calm serenity of what seemed to be a movie as I surrounded myself with different tents that housed distinct elements.

Plants were for sale.. the kind that my abuelita makes tea with... anis, menta, and then of course the exotic plants such as french lavender... it was beautiful.
Then I came across the spices that were for sale, beautiful rich spices.. curry.. even different salts! all specified at the vendors expense of course.. The colors were naturally vibrant and all ignited a beauty all on their own.


As I continued to walk, I came across this one booth that advertised and was sampling different salts for the skin... natural exfoliation basically. I got a one on one demonstration of this one particular scrub.. great experience.. it left my skin sooo soft =) not that they weren't already but... okay what ever, point is... it was great* and JUST IN CASE you didn't know: there is a WORLD full of different wood.
Just when I thought Id seen every instrument ever made.. I was wrong. I hadn't. These gorgeous instruments create such great sounds.. unlike any other sounds I've heard before.. and it looks like some of them might have been made with bamboo.. pretty unique huh?
As if I wasn't already in utopia I had coconut water *yummm* so very refreshing by the way.

Well thats all folks =)

No comments:

Post a Comment