Wednesday, January 5, 2011

aMUSing





Today he made me listen to about three songs from J-Cole

Hmm… J-Cole.. I dont listen to him; he’s the “unfamiliar”. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed when I listen to certain artists because their words are reckless and far too intense for me to enjoy. My “whole thing is” why listen to music when its not aMUSing?

So, anyways… he made me listen to it and I actually liked what the guy had to say. He talked about things that matter such as “losing your balance when a beautiful intellect is more entertaining than a physical beauty and he talks about darkness being bright… and he talks. It was enlightening to know that talent has a shadow of hope and actually has something to say; positive.

The other day I was in a line at Ross… and the line was kind of lengthy but nothing to die over… and this lady infront of me is huffing and puffing and she seems so irritated. So, she ask’s the guy thats infront of her if he is with the family that he is talking to that is conveniently right infront of him and he says “no ma’am go right ahead” and he was so nice and he was hugging his two daughters, it seems like he had a long day at work but he was genuinely happy. Anyways, the lady says “mucha gracias senior” as if the guy didnt speak english when he specifically told her to go right ahead.. and he went on to say “youre welcome its no problem, I understand its the holiday season and everyone is shopping and I’m in no rush… the world would be a better place if everyone would just cooperate with one another and treat eachother with love”. And I thought to myself, you know what… he’s right. If everyone would just show humility and show love then the world would be a better place.

words… words play a huge part in society. Words along with gesture. If I were to just listen to what you have to say and you would just listen to what I have to say and we can come to an understanding… there would be less pain and terror in the world.

I’ll listen to you, while you listen to what I’m saying to you while we listen with eachother and maybe everything will wound up being aMUSing….?


No comments:

Post a Comment